SAS-1 Passive Acoustic Detector (PAD)
The SAS-1 passive acoustic detection system is a very afforable and easy to install alternative to "in pavement" magnetic loops.
The SAS-1 delivers reliable multi-lane vehicle detection and traffic flow measurements from a non-intrusive roadside mounting position. Each SAS-1 sensor head can accurately monitor up to five freeway or midblock lanes.
The SAS-1 passive acoustic detection system provides very low power operation and flexible communication modes critical for solar powered sensor stations. Wireless communication options are available for the SAS-1 eliminating the need to install long and expensive cable conduit runs.
Features and Specifications
– Real Time traffic measurements and Long Term measurement archiving.
– Low Installation cost, mounting on existing roadside structures.
– RS-422 Home Run (up to 2K ft) or Wireless option to eliminate HR cable.
– Polled or periodic communication with flexible message formats.
– 10 opto-isolated Vehicle Presence Relay outputs per SAS-1 head.
– Complete loop backfit capability using external SAS Relay cards.
– Unique ID, multiple SAS-1 heads can share a single home run cable or wireless link.
– Low power consumption (1.7 watts) supports solar powered sensor stations.
– Power Requirements-12 VDC to 24 VDC.
– Dimensions- 3.5" H x 8.0" W x 12.0" L Temperature- -20 C to +75 C
– Weight including mounting bracket- Less than 7 lbs
– Two Year Warranty